If you have been waiting for a convenient alternative to fixed braces, clear aligners might be a great option to consider.
Our specialists provide Invisalign aligners, a practically invisible way to straighten your teeth.
What Are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners such as Invisalign are removable orthodontic appliances that are practically invisible when worn. Invisalign works by straightening teeth in gradual, measured increments using a series of clear, removable plastic aligners.
Each aligner is custom-made to fit a patient’s smile. Approximately every two weeks, the patient receives a new aligner that adjusts the teeth in small, planned increments.
They look like whitening trays or clear retainers and are made to comfortably hug the teeth. They easily snap into place for a snug, secure fit so they do not shift or slip out of position.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign vs. Braces?
While fixed braces are absolutely a safe, effective option for straightening teeth, the Invisalign system offers a host of benefits including:
- Better oral health (aligners can be removed for brushing and flossing, ensuring thorough cleaning)
- Practically invisible treatment that no one will notice but you
- Ability to still consume your favorite foods and snacks
- Comfort (no metal or wires irritating your lips or gums)
- Fewer dental visits and easier aligner changes
What Are The Alternatives To Invisalign?
Conventional braces are the most common option for orthodontic treatment. For patients who want a more subtle treatment, lingual or ceramic braces are another choice.
What Are the Benefits of Straightening Your Teeth?
Benefits of straightening your teeth go beyond aesthetics and include advantages such as:
- Making it easier to thoroughly clean your teeth and gums, decreasing your chance of decay or gum issues in the future
- Reducing uneven or excessive wear and tear on your teeth
- Reducing stress on the jaw joint
What Does The Invisalign Process Involve?
The treatment process is pretty straightforward. If you are approved as an appropriate candidate for aligners, the process begins with X-rays, photographs, and digital dental models of your teeth. These records are used to create a custom treatment plan that will show each tooth’s movement during each stage of the process.
If you approve the preview of your new smile, your new, custom aligners will be made.
You will wear your aligners for about two weeks at a time at which point you will receive a new set of aligners until your teeth reach their final position.
Contact Oasis today to find out more
Is Invisalign the Same As Invisible Braces or Clear Aligners?
Invisalign is the name brand of a popular clear aligner system, but there are other systems that might be a good fit for you.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
The cost of Invisalign treatment depends on factors such as:
- How long the aligners must be worn
- How many visits you need
- The need for other adjustments, attachments, or buttons
- The complexity of your case
Private health insurance companies sometimes cover the cost of orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign, but it is important to check in advance to see what, if any, costs your insurer will cover.
If your private insurer doesn’t cover orthodontic treatments, please ask us about financing options to see if you qualify for monthly installment plans or other options.
Recommendations When Using Invisalign
Before you begin treatment, we will give you a clear list of things to do — and not do — during your Invisalign treatment.
- Wear your aligners exactly as instructed – Your teeth will only shift while the aligners are in place, so it is important to aim to wear them for a minimum of 22 hours a day
- Be careful about what you drink – Drinking water is a great way to stay hydrated and it is fine for your aligners, as long as it is plain water. Hot drinks such as coffee or tea can warp or stain your aligners. If you must have a hot drink, remove your aligners, brush your teeth, and put your aligners back in promptly.
- Follow a regular oral hygiene routine – be sure to brush your teeth after every meal, floss at least once and skip snacking.
Are You Ready To Take the Step Toward the Healthy Smile You’ve Dreamed Of?
If you worry your smile is holding you back, it is never too late to start orthodontic treatment and be on your way to a healthy, bright smile. Please reach out to us to learn more about all the wonderful options for straightening your teeth, including the Invisalign system.