Cassie started in the industry as a dental nurse in 2009 and has been working at Kingsley Orthodontics for over 4 years.
Cassie obviously transitioned from general practice dentistry to specialist orthodontics. The change was astoundingly enjoyable because she loves the challenge. The work environment was entirely new and unique to her. Although she was already qualified in many dental services, such as implants, she found orthodontics an exceptional practice.
Cassie found the family vibe she was looking for in Kingsley Orthodontics. She has always been family orientated so she makes sure she has time for her kids and they do not feel left out. Being in orthodontics is not easy. It is a busy practice, which is why proper time management is the key.
On her typical day, she would have the following duties:
- Perform a scan of the patient’s teeth through the 3D scanner
- Use the X-ray to evaluate the patient even further
- Care for the patients to ensure they are comfortable before and after any procedure
It is also Cassie’s responsibility to talk to patients and keep them calm by explaining to them the benefits of their treatment. Some patients can get anxious, especially before the procedure.
Dealing with patients is not always easy. However, because Cassie is customer-focused, she knows how to handle any given situation. For instance, if the customer becomes tense and has second thoughts about the process, she provides the assurance that the person requires.
Cassie is a people person. But what she truly enjoys is interacting with the patients, especially the kids. She sees them on a regular basis, wanting them to have a better smile. They like talking to her and tell her about their experience with the aligners, braces, or other treatments they had.
For her, it is one of the most gratifying things about being in the industry and working for Kingsley Orthodontics.
- Diploma in Dental Nursing in Kingston Australia in 2009
- Prosthodontics through Dental Point where she learnt to choose the correct appearance of artificial teeth replacements for patients among other things
- Implant Dentistry through Nobel Biocare in 2011
- Endodontics training about microorganisms, infections, and bone density
- Dental radiography for nursing
Cassie is happy with where she is right now. But she is always up for any challenge as she seeks personal and professional development. She is eager to learn and improve her skills to serve the clients of Kingsley Orthodontics further.